Water Damaged Ceiling MoldRemover Products Suggestion

Growing mold due to water leaking which damage your ceiling turns to be a troublesome job for you. Now on the market, you can purchase water damaged ceiling mold remover products easily. So, you can do the mold remediation anytime and anywhere the moldy surfaces need to be removed.

What is Mold?

For those who unfamiliar with the term of “mold,” it is a type of fungi isn’t an animal or a plant. This kind of fungi has hundreds of different kinds both indoors and outdoors fungi. The indoors mold that commonly find are aspergillus, penicillium, Cladosporium, chromium, andstachybotrys (black mold). They love and grow the best in the damp and dimly lit areas such as attics that often experience roof leaking resulted in water damaged ceiling, bathrooms, and basements, even in the leaky materials like leaky roof or pipes.You should know that mold is very dangerous for your health. Furthermore, if the mold spores had been inhaled from a long period, you can experience some health issues such as a cough, asthma, allergic reactions, pneumonia, fatigue, headache, joint pain, and much more.

Mold Remover Products

If your water damaged ceiling mold starts growing, you can choose one of the following mold remover products to get rid of mold in your house.

1. Bleach

Bleach is the most common product to remove most types of mold on non-porous surfaces such as tiles, sinks, tubs, and countertops. Yet, it doesn’t work effectively against mold growing on the porous surfaces like wooden or drywall materials. Because the mold spores may be absorbed inside the microscopic opening of these porous materials, bleach won’t be able to penetrate deeper to kill all of the molds. You can mix one cup of bleach into a gallon of water, then fill in a spray bottle. Apply the solution onto the moldy surface.

2. Borax

Borax is a natural cleaning product which you can purchase with the lower price. Unlike another mold removal which emits chemical and dangerous fumes, borax doesn’t, yet it may be toxic if you swallow it. This white mineral powder has a pH level of about 9. Commonly, it’s used as a deodorizer for cleaning toilets. The borax solution is effective to kill and remove mold.

Water Damaged Ceiling MoldRemover Products Suggestion

3. Vinegar

Vinegar isn’t quite effective to get rid of mold perfectly, yet affordable, non-toxic, no harmful fumes, and available anywhere. Although vinegar is acidic, but it only can kill about 82% from all of the mold types. So, there is still about 20% of the rest mold types still can grow though you have cleaned the moldy surfaces. Some of the people use vinegar to cleaning the moldy surface before start using a stronger one. Without mixing it with water, you can directly apply vinegar on the mold surface. Wait for about an hour before wiping it off with a rag.

4. Hydrogen peroxide 

Hydrogen peroxide has antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties, also able to remove mold stains. It’s usually chosen as an alternative to chlorine bleach. Hydrogen peroxide is safe which doesn’t leave toxic residue behind unlike chlorine bleach does, so it’s very environment friendly. You can use it to remove mold from any materials like ceiling, flooring, bathroom, walls, clothes, and also kitchen appliances. However, it can discolor the materials due to its bleaching agent.

5. Tea Tree Oil

Who won’t be thinking that tea tree oil, commonly used for facial therapy, can be used for removing mold? This essential oil is derived from Melaleuca Alternifolia tree. Fungi and infections can be treated, also most types of mold. However, tea tree oil is very expensive, so you should consider by a lot of it. You can mix three teaspoons of tea tree oil with water to create mold remover solutions. Like bleach, tea tree oil may also not effective on the porous surface.

6. Ammonia

Similar to bleach, ammonia effectively kills mold on non-porous surfaces, but ineffective on porous materials such as wood. Ammonia is a toxic chemical which harsh, so do never mix it with bleach because it will create a toxic solution.
Removing mold in your house can be a troublesome for you, especially when it’s growing in the greater areas. If you are sure can do it by yourself, you can take the job. However, if you think it’s too much, you can ask for mold removal professional helps.