Water Damaged Ceiling MoldRemover Products Suggestion
What is Mold?For those who unfamiliar with the term of “mold,” it is a type of fungi isn’t an animal or a plant. This kind of fungi has hundreds of different
Mold Remover ProductsIf your water damaged ceiling mold starts growing, you can choose one of the following mold remover products to get rid of mold in your house.
1. BleachBleach is the most common product to remove most types of mold on non-porous surfaces such as tiles, sinks, tubs, and countertops. Yet, it doesn’t work effectively against mold growing on the porous surfaces like
2. BoraxBorax is a natural cleaning product which you can purchase with the lower price. Unlike
3. VinegarVinegar isn’t quite effective to get rid of mold perfectly, yet affordable, non-toxic, no harmful fumes, and available anywhere. Although vinegar is acidic, but it only can kill about 82% from all of the mold types. So, there
4. Hydrogen peroxideHydrogen peroxide has antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties, also able to remove mold stains. It’s usually chosen as an alternative to chlorine bleach. Hydrogen peroxide is safe which doesn’t leave toxic residue behind unlike chlorine bleach does, so it’s very environment friendly. You can use it to remove mold from any materials like ceiling, flooring, bathroom, walls, clothes, and also kitchen appliances. However, it can discolor the materials due to its bleaching agent.
5. Tea Tree OilWho won’t be thinking that tea tree oil, commonly used for facial therapy, can be used for removing mold? This essential oil is derived from
6. AmmoniaSimilar to bleach, ammonia effectively kills mold on non-porous surfaces, but ineffective on porous materials such as wood. Ammonia is a toxic chemical which harsh, so do never mix it with bleach because it will create a toxic solution.
Removing mold in your house can be a troublesome for you, especially when it’s growing in the greater areas. If you are sure can do it by yourself, you can take the job. However, if you think it’s too much, you can ask for mold removal professional helps.