Preventing Mold Due To Water Damage
Why It’s Important to Prevent Mold?You should know that mold can cause numerous health problems. In most cases, household mold causes respiratory difficulties including asthma and pneumonia. In other cases, the
Finding the Leaking Sources EarlierDoing an early detection of leaking sources on your roof is important before the situation is getting pretty bad like room flooding and mold growing. However, it may be quite difficult to find it early because the leak is usually unnoticeable until the damage turns pretty bad. Therefore, you should do the regular check on your ceiling areas to investigate whether any signs of a leak can be noticed earlier. Here are some signs of roof leaking to help you prevent the worse damages in the future:
onthe ceiling if you notice any discolored spots. Usually, if your ceiling is in white, you can find the spots or brown marks more easily. In some parts likethe chimney, look if there are some water stains or growing mold and mildew.
- Due to water leaking, it will peel your wall paint or turn wooden materials become rotten, particularly around skylights.
- When there is a sign of mold growth due to
roofleaking, you can smell a musty smell, particularly from your attic.
- For worst leaking like dislodged roof tiles due to storm wind blows, you should able to find the
botsof debris in your yard.
- In severe cases of leaking, you can notice it from the water dripping especially during a heavy rain or snow melting. When you can catch the problem earlier, you can prevent before the damage becomes more significant.
Ways to Prevent MoldThere are several ways you can do to prevent the growth of mold due to water damage. However, the key point of mold prevention is keeping the moisture in your home under control below 55%. Furthermore, you can follow the following instructions:
1. Installing HygrometerA hygrometer is a device to measure the relative humidity or moisture level in the air. Home with high relative humidity above 50% become the best location for mold to grow. Although hygrometer doesn’t stop the mold growing directly in your home, it helps you to give an early warning system. After installing hygrometer, it will monitor the relative humidity in the air. So, if it’s too high, you can keep it under control by reducing the amount of moisture to the mold difficult to grow.
2. Installing DehumidifierYou can use a device to control the humidity level in your home, dehumidifier. By installing this device, you can easily reduce the amount of moisture by drawing it out of the air. When you go to home goods stores, you can find various types of a dehumidifier.
3. Applying Mold Resistance PaintWhen mold grows on the surface, it will discolor then eat away the materials if you leave it unchecked. Not only structural damages, mold also causes various health problems
Additionally, you can also install